Are you looking for some of the best Conor McGregor quotes of all time?
In this article, we’ll look at the 30 best Conor McGregor quotes, as well as when they were said and a brief description of the context in which they were said.
Best Conor McGregor Quotes (Funny)
To enjoy yourself that much more, try saying the below quotes in the voice of Conor McGregor. Even if you can’t, you’ll likely hear his voice as you do it anyway.
The origins and context come first before the Conor McGregor quote.
1. During the promotion of the boxing match between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather, McGregor took the time to entertain the Toronto crowd.
1. “How do I look? What the f— is he wearing? He looks like a little breakdancer or something, a little 12-year-old breakdancer, f—! What the f—? He’s 40! You’re 40 years of age. Dress your f—ing age. Carrying a school bag on stage. What you doing with a schoolbag on stage? You can’t even read!
2. Before UFC 196, McGregor and Diaz were on air answering some questions. When the CNBC interviewer directed the conversation to money, Conor McGregor didn’t want Nate’s input.
2. “I’ll take over from here Nate, you can bounce. Take a coffee break, Nate. And by coffee break, I mean bring me my coffee.”
3. In the same CNBC interview, McGregor continued to belittle Diaz and wanted his coffee before it turned cold.
3. “Nate can only count to five. Count to five Nate will ya, if you can. Hurry up with that coffee! Hurry up with that coffee!”
4. An instant classic, Conor McGregor was at the promotional UFC 205 press conference when Jeremy Stephens interrupted and said he was the hardest-hitting featherweight who’d give McGregor his hardest fight.
As calm as you like and looking left and right, McGregor turned around and asked, “Who the f— is that guy?”, causing the stage of fighters and fans in the conference to burst out laughing.
4. “Who the f— is that guy?”
5. In the UFC ‘Go Big’ press conference to promote Aldo vs McGregor UFC 194, Rafael Dos Anjos was asked if he would drop his current fight to instead fight Conor McGregor, to which Mcgregor interjected with the above line.
5. “I can make you rich. I change your bum life. When you sign to fight me, it’s a celebration. You ring back home, you ring your wife. ‘Baby, we’ve done it. We’re rich, baby. Conor McGregor made us rich. Break out the red panties.”
6. In response to Donald Cerrone saying Conor has no chance at 155 because they’re too big and strong for him, Conor talked of their poor movement.
6. “Too slow and too sniff. You’re stiff as a board. I’d snap you in half… I see stiffness when I look at that 155 lbs division… I feel like they’re stuck in the mud almost.”
7. After Conor McGregor broke his leg courtesy of a kick check by Dustin Poirier earlier in the fight, Conor McGregor took his anger to heights we’d never before seen. What made this funnier was how Joe Rogan was sat on the floor up close to McGregor.
7. “Your wife is in my DM’s. Hey baby, hit me back and we’ll chat to ya later on. We’ll be at the afterparty, the Wynn nightclub baby. Ya look in bits ya little h—.”
8. After knocking out Eddie Alvarez (UFC 205), becoming the first UFC double champ (holding two titles simultaneously), and continuously asking where his second belt was, Conor McGregor unleashed this wondrous line.
8. Listen. I’ve spent a lot of time Joe, slating everybody in the company. Backstage I’m starting fights off everybody. I’ve ridiculed everyone on the roster. And I’d just like to say from the bottom of my heart, I’d like to take this chance to apologize — to absolutely nobody! The double champ does what the f— he wants!”
9. In a UFC 202 conference call, Conor McGregor was asked if he’d ever be interested in a cross-promotion with the WWE after the success of Brock Lesnar. In no uncertain terms, McGregor added a few more enemies to his ever-growing list by insulting the whole WWE roster.
9. “They’re messed up pussies, if you ask me. Fair play to Brock (Lesnar), he got in and fought, but at the end of the day he was juiced up to the f— eye balls, so how can I respect that?”
10. Not a fan of Diaz’s vegan diet, McGregor continued to mock Nate before their UFC 196 fight for his lack of muscle mass and higher-than-usual body fat percentage.
10. “The only approach I changed is I dug the grave a little bit wider. A little bit longer for Nate’s skinny, fat, long body.”
11. Before his UFC 189 title fight against Jose Aldo (who later pulled out), Conor McGregor was being booed at the press conference by the Brazilian crowd, to which he quickly shut down.
11. “I own this town. I own Rio de Janeiro. So for him to say he is the king and I am the joker, if this was a different time, I would invade his favela on horseback and kill anyone that was not fit to work. But we’re in a new time, so I’ll whoop his in July.”
12. Before their UFC 196 fight, McGregor continued to harass Nate Diaz and in turn build excitement for the upcoming fight.
12. “I like Nick’s little bro. How can you not like him? He’s like a little cholo gangster from the hood. But at the same time he coaches kids’ jiu-jitsu on a Sunday morning, and goes on bike rides with the elderly. He makes gang signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left hand. You’re a credit to the community.”
13. During a live OTR interview with Dana White and Jose Aldo, Conor McGregor was asked what Aldo had said about him that made him dislike him, to which Conor responded.
13. “This is not a therapy session…He spoke my name out of turn, he should’ve kept his mouth shut.”
14. After suffering a broken leg, when asked by Joe Rogan how he felt his UFC 264 fight against Dustin Poirier was going, McGregor delivered another gem.
14. “I was boxing the bleeding head off him, kicking the bleeding leg off him! Usual sh—e, trying to close the distance. This is not over! If I have to take this outside with him, it’s all outside! I don’t give a bollocks!”
15. After Conor McGregor turned up late to the presser, Nate Diaz walked out early and came back with his whole team. They started throwing bottles at him, so when it came to the official weigh-ins, McGregor issued a warning to Diaz and his team.
15. “He should’ve killed me when he had the chance, coz now I’m back, and I’m gonna kill you and your whole f—ing team! You and them bitch tits!”
16. At the UFC 196 press conference, McGregor offered another hilarious line, made funnier by how he kept his composure while Nate Diaz repeated how McGregor has only beaten midgets.
16. “I’m a lion in there and I’m gonna eat you alive. Your little gazelle friends are gonna be staring through the cage looking at your carcass getting eaten alive, and they can do nothing. All they’re gonna do is say, we’re never gonna cross this river again.”
17. Before UFC 189 against Mendes, Conor McGregor shared his plans after beating Mendes and then Aldo later that year.
17. “The featherweights must beg now, they must beg for pardon, beg for forgiveness. If that’s the case, I’ll leave the division. I won’t terrorize them anymore. They can have their division back, they can go back to being on the prelims, and I’ll go to the lightweight division.”
Best Conor McGregor Quotes (Motivational)
While many of the best Conor McGregor quotes are insulting and comical, he also delivered a fair share of motivational lines to inspire and increase his stardom.
18. After a hard training session, Conor McGregor explains in his 6-part RTE documentary: The Notorious (2015), how he’s losing his mind but he believes it’ll be a worthy sacrifice for his future and the people around him.
18. “I’ve lost my mind doing this game. Like Vincent Van Gogh. He dedicated his life to his art and lost his mind in the process, that’s happened to me, but f— it. When that gold belt is around my waist… and my kids’ kids have everything they ever want. Then it will pay.”
19. Speaking to the press before his UFC 189 interim title fight against Chad Mendes, Conor McGregor expressed how he felt about friendships in the UFC.
19. “Everyone’s trying to be friends. I don’t have friends in this business, I don’t have friends in the game. I am not friends with my competitors, I am ruthless in here and I am looking to take every single one of them out”.
20. After his UFC debut win against Marcus Brimage, Conor McGregor expressed in the press conference how he’d gone from zero to hero in a short space of time.
20. “I didn’t have money before this. I was collecting 188 Euro a week off the social welfare. And now here I am, with like 60 G’s bonus and then my own pay. I don’t know what the F’s going on, to be honest.”
21. After his first UFC loss against Nate Diaz at UFC 196, Conor McGregor was humbled and showed a different side of himself to UFC fans around the world.
21. “It’s a tough pill to swallow but we can either run from adversity or we can face our adversity head-on and conquer it. And that’s what I plan to do.”
22. After 2 wins including a win over Max Holloway, McGregor then beat Diego Brandao via round 1 TKO in 2014 and let UFC fans know what he was all about.
22. “We’re not just here to take part – we’re here to take over.”
23. Not one to hide his delight in front of a crowd, McGregor stayed true to his word by beating Nate Diaz in the rematch.
23. “Surprise, surprise, motherf—! The king is back!”
24. In the 2015 Notorious TV series, Conor McGregor shared how he uses visualization to bring into reality what he wants to achieve.
24. “I am not afraid of saying something and going and pursuing it. That’s it. I see it in my mind. I say it out loud, I go and do it.”
25. In 2017, after becoming the UFC double champ a year prior, McGregor offered some words on how his belief and mindset ultimately determined his path in life.
25. “I’m just a kid that defied the odds. I’m just a kid that ignored the doubt. I’m just a kid from a little place in Dublin, Ireland, that went all the way, and I’m going to continue to go all the way.”
26. Talking about his parents and the success he’s had in an interview on the 2015 Notorious series, McGregor shed some light on how he visualized giving back to the people he cared for the most.
26. “They are in a new place, so it’s good, that’s something I always dreamed of. I always visualized what giving would feel like, giving to people who have given to me… I always dreamed of just showing up one day and be like here.”
27. In the 2015 Notorious series, Conor McGregor shared how he progresses in martial life and in life.
27. “Not even martial arts, life, it’s always you vs you. If you’re competing against other people you’re going to become bitter. But if you compete against yourself, you’ll become better.
28. In an interview with Conan O’Brien, Conor McGregor revealed the philosophy he embodies and believes can work for anyone.
28. “I truly believe we are all equal as human beings, and if we are obsessed with something and we truly pursue our passion with everything we have, regardless of anything else, if you are obsessed, work hard, and put in the time, you will succeed. And that is a philosophy that I carry.”
29. When asked if there was any excuse as to why he lost (to who?), Conor McGregor expressed how losing and always continuing on the path is the key to success.
29. “There is no excuse. I’ve been beat before, I’ve lost MMA fights, I’ve lost boxing fights, I’ve lost so many fights in the gym, I lose all the time. It is what it is. Any true martial artist will know, in order to succeed at this game, you must lose a f—ing s— load of times. You must lose many times.
30. In the 2015 Notorious series, Conor McGregor shared how he moves forward after experiencing losses.
30. “The day you stop trying to learn, is the day you start losing. I’m always going to learn, regardless of the result. Win or lose, I will take something from it all… you learn a lot from your losses.”
The Bottom Line
This has been the 30 best Conor McGregor quotes of all time. He was one of the best trash talkers and motivational speakers the UFC and MMA has ever seen.
Conor McGregor could not only be extremely offensive and hilarious, but he could also bring in viewers to the UFC with his motivational lines about how he achieved success through hard work and consistency.